Thursday, August 23, 2012

Workmanship

For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do- Ephesians 2:10

At times I forget this part of God’s message to His creation. Paul wrote this letter to the Ephesians encouraging them in their walk. They needed to hear these words so they could move forward in sharing the Gospel, living the Gospel, and loving the Gospel. The good news of Christ is the fact that we are given new life in His sacrifice and resurrection. This act alone was done to reveal how important God’s handiwork is to Him. It is not a “was” statement it is an “is” statement. The creation is important and valued and is meant to continue the good works of Christ and reveal the good works of Christ.

Like I shared earlier, sometimes I forget this part of God’s message. Due to my faults and failures I tend to think that there is no way that God looks at me and says “Man, that’s a nice piece of work”, I mean He may say “Bobby is a real piece of work”, but not meaning it in a flattering way.

I am wrong in this thought. I am His handiwork, or in one translation it says workmanship. I am a piece of work; His! This goes back to Iron Man 2 when Stark’s dad said “The greatest creation I ever made was you” (speaking to Tony). God is constantly saying this to us, especially through His Word. His Son came to show how valuable this workmanship is to Him NOW! If He could He would put us in a special case to protect us, but He doesn’t. He put us in this world in order for us to reveal His good work and to show that He recognizes each person in this world as His greatest creation. We are His and He will not let that go. He has created us with purpose and love with His great hands and longs for us to embrace the great news of being part of His great work! How great is that! (The overuse of great is on purpose).

No comments: