Monday, February 4, 2013

Fatherhood: That's how I roll!

Well, my baby boy was born a week ago tomorrow. That is why the last week has been pretty much silent on the posts, but I wouldn't change it. It is absolutely amazing! He is precious and all mine to take care of and raise up to be the man he is supposed to be.

I have a responsibility in this and I cannot take it lightly. As I look into his eyes I can't imagine not loving, holding, and taking care of this beautiful gift from God. However, while talking with a friend of mine, I kept thinking how can any man make that decision? How can any man have a child and leave it? My heart hurt while thinking about it.

God gives the child parents to raise them up to know God, to be healthy, to be an image of the heavenly father (although an imperfect image) and to grow up loving mercy, acting justly and walking humbly with The Lord. I believe this to be true. When a child is left without one or the other parent due to their decision to abandon them, every reason God gave the child their parent, is tarnished.

I accept my responsibility. I accept the role God has given me to play and I will do it to the best of my ability. This boy will know his father, but most importantly he will know his Father! He will know the love of his earthly dad in order to be in awe of the love of his heavenly dad! Why, well, the shirt says it all, because Fatherhood: That's how I roll!

If you had pain given by a parent, I am sorry. I have too, it happens, unfortunately. However, we have a Heavenly Father that loves us unconditionally and will never abandon us. Trust His word. It never returns void.



No comments: