Friday, July 5, 2013

Physical Therapy and Prayer


So, I injured my knee doing the Insanity workout. This idea of getting healthy is deadly. I'm writing this while I have some electro shock machine (it's probably something less intense, but it sounds good) strapped to my knee. I have no clue what it does, but apparently it's supposed to make me feel better.

While my knee is being shocked and heated it made me think of prayer. I know, weird, but I think it is a good comparison. This machine, even if I have no clue what it's doing, is supposed to help me. I can't see it, but I can feel it. 

Prayer should be the same way. When we pray with a heart and mind open to God, we won't see what is happening, but we should feel it. We should feel our hearts being molded to His, our mind transferring to a new understanding, our thoughts should be focused on His eternal glory and much more. We feel the change.

The thing about prayer is that we may not always see or know how it works, but we should feel it. We should feel a connection with Christ that moves is to a deeper reflection of His mercy, grace, and love for us. 

May we come to see prayer as a time of connection, reflection, and direction with God. Just like physical therapy, the work is worth it. 

Question: ho are you experiencing prayer? Is it deep or lackluster? Is it worth it to you?

No comments: