Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Direction


I was walking to my car the other day and I saw this image above. I looked around at some of the other arrows and noticed some looked cleaner, some shared the same look as this one, and others were way worse. I had to stop and look at this one for awhile and I am sure I looked weird pulling out my phone to take the picture, but I was thinking about direction.

The arrows in the parking lot give direction for the path in and out. They show which way our cars should be going (I emphasize “should” because that is not always the case with some drivers), and they are visible for the driver to see clearly while moving through the lot. The direction is clear.

As I thought about this arrow it made me think about our direction in life. We are all in search of direction. At one point in time we all sat and thought, “Where am I going?” or “What am I going to do?” It is the reality we all face at one point in life, if we are really honest we know it is more than just once.

The beautiful thing about this arrow is how rough it looks. I wish I would have taken a picture of a clean one for the sake of comparison, but it is more important to focus on the rough look. In life we all have different journeys. We all have different experiences that define who we are and we must remember the path we have taken to get where we are today.

Every arrow is different. Every path is defined by different struggles. As we walk with Christ, some may experience rougher terrain than others, but we all end up at the same place. We must embrace our journey. We need to learn from the tread marks, the dirt we have covering our paint, and some of the chips that have occurred over time, in order to remind ourselves of how glorious and gracious our Creator is to allow us to have a path to follow.

His arrows are visible. We must be willing to follow His direction to get to where we need to be. Some will push against the grain and choose to go out the wrong way, but that’s not for us to judge or gaze at with an evil eye. We need to follow our path, nod at the person going the wrong way hopefully teaching them the correct path to follow by example, and go forward to our destination.


Your path may or may not be discolored, dirty, or rough, but it is still a path to embrace, as long as you’re following the correct arrows that lead you to the One they are pointing you towards.  As for you with the disfigured arrow; remember your God has given you the life you have lived and is guiding your path to Him, stay focused and follow, and you will end up where you need to be.

No comments: